"All of the products on progressivehealth.com are formulated with quality in mind. Our team of naturopathic physicians closely analyzed each formula to find the best balance of effective ingredients. I personally take Advecia for hair maintenance & Exomine for joint pain."
Brad Chase, President
Serotonin Deficiency Syndrome
Serotonin is a hormone that is also called hydroxytryptamine (5-HT), it is located in the pineal gland, blood platelets, the digestive tract and the brain.
Serotonin acts as a chemical messenger that transmits nerve signals between nerve cells and causes blood vessels to narrow.
When there are changes in the serotonin levels in the brain it can alter mood and other aspects of your life. When you are experiencing low levels of serotonin, there are many symptoms that you could be having. Below are the symptoms:
- Pre-menstrual syndrome
- Problems in thinking, concentrating and decision making
- Low self esteem
- Needless feelings of unworthiness and guilt
- Loss of interest and pleasure in usual activities
- Sleep and appetite disturbances
- Chronic depressive disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Violent temper and poor impulse control
- Panic /agoraphobia syndrome
Until recently the only way to bring serotonin levels into normal range was to use medication like Prozac, Zoloft, and other drugs known as SSRI's (Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors).
There is now scientific evidence that nutritional approaches may work just as well or better then medication.
Today there are other alternatives to help with serotonin deficiency, below are a few examples:
- 5-HTP - an amino acid that is the precursor to serotonin.
5-HTP does everything that SSRIs do but without the side effects.
Unlike drugs like Prozac, Zoloft and Paxil, which cause serotonin depletion by interfering with serotonin recycling, 5-HTP raises serotonin levels by enhancing a natural process—the synthesis of new serotonin molecules.
- St. John's Wort - another nutritional supplement that's been shown to combat mild depression and anxiety without the side effects commonly associated with anti-depressants.
- Methyl donors and Cofactors -Methyl donors are involved in the regulation of normal brain cell metabolism as well as neurotransmitter production and function. When people are methyl deficient, they are at much greater risk of developing depression and a variety of neurological and other disorders.
Seronex 5-HTP - Helpful for Serotonin Deficiencies
Seronex 5-HTP works by boosting your body's natural production of serotonin. Now, you can finally achieve the emotional and physical well being you've been longing for. Seronex is guaranteed to enhance emotional and physical well being by increasing your body's natural production of serotonin.
With a unique formulation of 5-HTP Seronex may correct conditions influenced by serotonin imbalance or deficiency, including:
- Depression and mood swings
- Eating disorders
- Sleep apnea
- Premenstrual syndrome
In concert with our team of naturopathic physicians, Progressive Health has developed this unique and comprehensive serotonin support supplement to fulfill the unmet need of those suffering from serotonin imbalance and serotonin deficiency.
By providing sufferers with a formula that provides for the optimal amount of 5-HTP (100 milligrams), Seronex is the once-daily support formula that makes it easy for anyone to discover the truly amazing properties of all natural agents.
To learn more about Seronex 5-HTP and its benefits, click here.