- Best Vitamins for Fibromyalgia Pain
- Herbal Treatment of Fibromyalgia
- Medications That May Interact with Anatrin
- Fibromyalgia Treatments
- Fibromyalgia Diet
- How to Identify Fibro
- ALA, DHA, and EPA for Fibromyalgia
- Fibromyalgia - Don't Eat This
- Malic Acid and Fibromyalgia
- How Ginger Helps Fibromyalgia
- More Articles ...
Anatrin Supplement Facts
Learn more about the ingredients in Anatrin.
Daily Dosage: As a dietary supplement, take two capsules in the morning and one capsule in the evening with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
In patients experiencing fatigue accompanied by muscle soreness and tender points, magnesium levels are often found to be low or deficient when compared with subjects who do not have these symptoms (1).
Some patients may show normal serum levels of magnesium, but intracellular levels are often low (2). A blend of intravenously injected vitamins and minerals, called a Myer’s Cocktail, containing high amounts of magnesium has resulted in decreased and even complete resolution of symptoms (3). IM and IV Magnesium given alone have demonstrated effectiveness in reducing muscle complaints (4).
Ascorbigen and Broccoli Powder
Ascorbigen is one of the most common medicinal compounds, called indoles, released when cruciferous vegetables are cooked. These types of indoles can help detoxify the liver (5). A clinical trial was conducted at National College of Naturopathic Medicine in Portland, Oregon where subjects were given both 100 mg of ascorbigen powder and 400 mg of broccoli powder for one month. Subjects experienced a significant reduction in symptoms (6).
Rhodiola rosea Extract
Rhodiola is a medicinal plant that is used clinically to treat functional fatigue and mild cognitive decline. The compounds in this plant have been shown to increase ATP production (7). This is particularly helpful because ATP availability is important for working muscle and preventing fatigue.
Ginger Root Extract
Ginger is an herb with a long history of use throughout Asia and ancient Greece for rheumatic conditions. A clinical trial demonstrated relief of pain with dried ginger consumption in all patients with muscle pain (8).
A number of clinical studies have examined the role of serotonin and the precursor, 5-HTP. One clinical trial involved a 90 day trial of supplementation with 5-HTP. Nearly 50% of subjects investigators noted a good or fair improvement in symptoms such as number of tender points, anxiety, pain, quality of sleep and fatigue (10).
Another double blind placebo controlled trial also showed that all clinical parameters studied were significantly improved by treatment with 5-HTP when compared to placebo (11).
Melatonin is a naturally produced biochemical that is secreted from the pineal gland at the base of the brain, which controls circadian rhythms and plays a major role in sleep cycles.
Numerous studies have shown a link between melatonin levels in subjects experiencing fatigue and tender points. Typically subjects have lowered secretion of melatonin at night, which may partially explain impaired sleep at night, fatigue during the day, and changed pain perception (12).
A clinical trial demonstrated that supplementation at bedtime with melatonin can significantly improve tender point count, severity of pain and sleep (13).
Malic acid is a naturally occurring chemical found most notably in apple juice. It helps improve absorption of some nutrients like magnesium.
A randomized double blind placebo controlled trial showed that supplementation with a proprietary tablet of malic acid and magnesium, given at a high dose over 6 months resulted in significant reductions in the severity of all 3 primary pain/tenderness measures without adverse effects (14).
1. Ng SY. Hair calcium and magnesium levels in patients: a case center study. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1999;22(9):586-93.
2. Moorkens G et al. Magnesium deficit in a sample of the Belgian population presenting with fatigue. Magnes Res 1997;10:329-337.
3. Gaby AR. Intravenous Nutrient Therapy: the Myers’ Cocktail”. Altern Med Rev 2002;7(5)389-403.
4. Reed JC. Magnesium therapy in musculoskeletal pain- retrospective review of clinical results. MagnesTrace Elem 1990;9:330.
5. Manson M et al. Mechanism of action of dietary agents in rat liver: induction of phase I and phase II drug metabolizing enzymes and aflatoxin B1 metabolism. Carcinogenesis 1997;18:1729-1738.
6. Bramwell B et al. The Use of Ascorbigen: A Preliminary Trial. Altern Med Rev 2000;5(5):455-462.
7. Abidov M et al. Effect of extracts from Rhodiola rosea and Rhodiola crenulata (Crassulaceae) roots on ATP content in mitochondria of skeletal muscles. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2003 Dec;136(6):585-7.
8. Srivastava KC and Mustafa T. Med Hypotheses 1992;39(4):342-348.
9. Srivastava KC and Mustafa T. Med Hypotheses 1989;29(1)25-28.
10. Puttini PS and Caruso I. 5-hydroxy-L-tryptophan: a 90-day open study.J Int Med Res. 1992;20(2):182-9
11. Caruso I et al. All the clinical parameters studied were significantly improved by treatment with 5-HTP. J Int Med Res. 1990;18(3):201-9.
12. Wikner J et al. Nocturnal melatonin secretion. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 1998;49(2):179-83.
13. Citera G et al. The effect of melatonin in patients with fibromyalgia: a pilot study. Clin Rheumatol. 2000;19(1):9-13
14. Russell IJ et al. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). J Rheumatol. 1995;22(5):953-8. 1998 Aug;49(2):179-83.
[+] Show All
If you are experiencing unexplained widespread discomfort in your body, Anatrin is a natural remedy that can help.