- Aventrol: Frequently Asked Questions
- Natural Treatment for High Blood Pressure
- High Blood Pressure Indicates Later Heart Attack Risk
- Heartburn Medication Harms Overall Health
- Capisette Supplement Facts
- Listol Supplement Facts
- Supplements That Help Reduce Swelling In Feet
- Water and Fluid Retention in Legs
- Dietary Choices That Cause Fluid Accumulation
- 9 Remedies for Concentration
Aventrol Supplement Facts
Learn more about the ingredients in Aventrol.
Daily Dosage: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
Hawthorne- Has been shown to stimulate circulation and promote the relaxation of blood vessels. Studies have shown that hawthorne can regulate both high and low blood pressure. The bioflavonoids in hawthorne have a relaxing effect on blood vessels. (1) The PCOs (proanthocyanidins) in hawthorne may be helpful for counteracting coronary artery spasms. (2)
Vitamin B6- A key factor to help metabolize homocysteine. Works best in conjunction with Vitamin B12.
Folic Acid- A study that combined Vitamin B12, B6, and Folic Acid showed that this combination can lower rates of cardiovascular events such as angioplasty and heart attacks. (7, 8)
Vitamin B12- Helps prevent long term build up of homocysteine, which is a toxic substance that is formed when the body metabolizes the amino acid methionine. (3, 4, 5) Vitamin B12 is required to convert this substance into a non toxic compound, so deficiencies can lead to methionine build up. Elevations in homocysteine can increase your risk of developing atherosclerosis. (6)
Vitamin C- May reduce atherosclerotic plaque while also increasing HDL cholesterol levels (the good cholesterol). (9) May also be helpful for preventing the conversion of LDL cholesterol to a more harmful form. (10,11) Helps enhance the usefulness of Vitamin E.
Vitamin E- May support cardiovascular and circulatory health. May increase HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) while lowering LDL cholesterol (bad cholesterol). (12)
Vitamin B2- Useful for promoting growth and development, reproduction, and well-being. Instrumental in the metabolism of fatty and amino acids. Also plays a key role in energy production.
Tri-methylglycine- Helps Folic acid, Vitamin B12, and Vitamin B6 break down amino acids to regulate homocysteine levels.
1. Wagner H, et al. Cardioactive Drugs IV. Cardiotonic Amines from Crataegus oxyacantha. Planta Medica. 1982;45:99-101.
2. Rewerski W, et al. Some Pharmacological Properties of Flavan Polymers Isolated from Hawthorn. Arzneim-Forsch/Drug Res. 1967;17:490-91.
3. Siri PW, et al. Vitamins B6, B12, and Folate: Association with Plasma Total Homocysteine and Risk of Coronary Atherosclerosis. J Am Coll Nutr. Oct1998;17(5):435-41.
4. Dierkes J, Westphal S, Kunstmann S, Banditt P, Lossner A, Luley C. Vitamin supplementation can markedly reduce the homocysteine elevation induced by fenofibrate. Atherosclerosis. Sep2001;158(1):161-4.
5. Woodside JV, Yarnell JW, McMaster D, Young IS, Harmon DL, McCrum EE, et al. Effect of B-group vitamins and antioxidant vitamins on hyperhomocysteinemia: a double-blind, randomized, factorial-design, controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. May1998;67(5):858-66.
6. Lindeman RD, Romero LJ, Yau CL, Koehler KM, Baumgartner RN, Garry PJ. Serum homocysteine concentrations and their relation to serum folate and vitamin B12 concentrations and coronary artery disease prevalence in an urban, bi-ethnic community. Ethn Dis. 2003;13(2):178-85.
7. Schnyder G, Roffi M, Pin R, Flammer Y, Lange H, Eberli FR, et al. Decreased rate of coronary restenosis after lowering of plasma homocysteine levels. N Engl J Med. Nov2001:345(22):1593-600.
8. Schnyder G, Roffi M, Flammer Y, Pin R, Hess OM. Effect of homocysteine-lowering therapy with folic Acid, vitamin B12, and vitamin b6 on clinical outcome after percutaneous coronary intervention: the swiss heart study: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. Aug2002;288(8):973-9
9. Willis GC. Serial Arteriography in Atherosclerosis. Can Med Assoc J. 1954;71:562-68.
10. Jialal I, et al. Physiologic Levels of Ascorbate Inhibit the Oxidative Modification of Low Density Lipoprotein. Atherosclerosis. Jun1990;82(3):185-91.
11. Rezaian GR, Taheri M, Mozaffari BE, Mosleh AA, Ghalambor MA. The salutary effects of antioxidant vitamins on the plasma lipids of healthy middle aged-to-elderly individuals: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Med Liban. Jan2002;50(1-2):10-3.
12. Rezaian GR, Taheri M, Mozaffari BE, Mosleh AA, Ghalambor MA. The salutary effects of antioxidant vitamins on the plasma lipids of healthy middle aged-to-elderly individuals: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. J Med Liban. Jan2002;50(1-2):10-3.
[+] Show All
Nutritional Intervention for Congestive Heart Failure Sufferers