"All of the products on progressivehealth.com are formulated with quality in mind. Our team of naturopathic physicians closely analyzed each formula to find the best balance of effective ingredients. I personally take Advecia for hair maintenance & Exomine for joint pain."
Brad Chase, President
Cough Drops, Home Remedies and Esotyne
When dealing with a cough, you may be willing to try anything just to get rid of it because it is so bothersome.
There are many different things that you can try and this article reviews cough drops, home remedies and Progressive Health's vitamin supplement called Esotyne.
A cough drop is a small, medicated candy that is intended to be dissolved slowly in the mouth to lubricate and soothe irritated tissues of the throat.
Cough drops are used for a sore throat, common cold or influenza and usually contain benzocaaine, an anesthetic or eucalyptus oil and some brands contain dextromethorphan.
There is also a non-menthol form that uses either zinc gluconate glycine or pectin as an oral demulcent. There are some cough drops that contain more menthol or peppermint oil and spearmint as their active ingredient.
Most cough drops should be taken in moderation, due to the fact that some active ingredients could be hazardous to your health if they are consumed in large amounts. Be sure to read packaging instructions to avoid such hazards.
Here are some home remedies to help stop a cough:
- Breathe the steam from a vaporizer, hot shower, or pan of boiling water. The moist air will soothe the airways and loosen sinus congestion and phlegm in your throat and lungs. A few drops of the oil of eucalyptus will help this process.
- Stop smoking. Passive smoke or other irritants, such as chemicals, can be a cause. Household cleaners, new carpeting, paneling and mattresses are some of the many possible sources of chemical irritants.
- Drink at least 8 eight ounce glasses of water. This is especially important if your cough is due to an illness. Water is the best expectorant you can take and will help thin the mucus and loosen the cough.
- Try eating hot chili peppers, horseradish or other spicy foods. They will help loosen mucus.
- Drink hot tea to break up the mucus and open and moisten the airways.
These few tips will help with your cough, but if they don't fully work try our vitamin supplement Esotyne.
Esotyne - Helpful for Cough
Esotyne is the all natural cough-control formula that manages your cough with natural and clinically proven ingredients, rivaling the effectiveness of popular prescription medications.
With a potent blend of vitamins, minerals, and clinically evaluated botanicals, Esotyne's all natural formula addresses the nutritional need of the immune system, while working to ease the symptoms of your acute or chronic cough.
Esotyne not only addresses potential nutritional deficiencies, but provides your body with an influx of potent botanicals that work to neutralize your cough. This formula can be used as your supplementary tool for clearing bronchial passage ways and reducing inflammation.
The ingredients in Esotyne include:
- Vitamin C - It is commonly known that a cough can be caused by an allergy or an upper respiratory tract infection. Vitamin C helps neutralize coughs by reducing inflammation and controlling histamines.
- Bromelain - Bromelain has proven successful in clinical study for various conditions, including upper respiratory congestion and soft tissue inflammation.
- Quercetin - This potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent is helpful for managing chronic cough.
- Bee Pollen - Natures wonder food, Bee Pollen contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals that include: carotenoids, B-Vitamin compounds, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, rutin, folic acid, choline, inositol, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulfur, sodium, chlorine, magnesium, iron, manganese, copper, iodine, zinc, silicon, molybdenum, boron, and titanium. Bee Pollen is an integral component to Esotyne, as it boosts immunity. In fact, Bee Pollen is commonly recommended to help with allergies, hay fever, and chronic cough.
- Bee Propolis - Yet another supplement produced by bees, Propolis is powerful and natural antibiotic that may prevent the cell division of bacteria while also breaking down bacterial walls.
- Royal Jelly - Is known to aid in liver disease, insomnia, ulcers, and chronic cough.
- Golden Seal - Boosts the immune system while helping with inflammation of the mucous membranes. Golden Seal is especially useful for upper respiratory infections.
To learn more about Esotyne, click here.