- Add This to Your Bath To Help Itchy Skin
- Gut Flora and Itchy Skin
- Vitamin A For Eczema
- Heavy Metal Toxicity and Eczema
- Zinc Deficiency and Eczema
- The Link Between Food Allergies and Eczema
- Best Creams for Itchy Skin
- Eczema and GAPs
- THIS Oil May Help Get Rid of Itchy Skin
- Dust Mites and Eczema
- More Articles ...
Dermatin Supplement Facts
Find answers to common questions about Dermatin.
Daily Dosage:As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the afternoon with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
Selenium- Some people with eczema have shown to be deficient in Selenium. This anti-oxidant may help fight free radical build-up in the skin which could reduce inflammation.
Zinc- Essential for the functioning of over 300 enzymes and also supports the immune system.
Omega 3- In a 12-week double-blind study, Omega-3 was shown to be helpful for reducing inflammation, itching, and scaling. (2)
Artichoke- Helps regulate the production of inflammatory substances that play a role in eczema.
Grape Seed Ext.- May inhibit the destruction of collagen structures which support the health of small capillaries that supply energy to the bodies tissues. (3, 4)
Milk Thistle- Histamines are known to cause inflammation and are supported primarily by the liver. Milk Thistle supports liver defenses and may inhibit inflammatory substances and histamines in the liver.
Olive Leaf Ext.- Contains an important antioxidant called "oleuropein" which can help reduce the inflammatory effects of food allergies that contribute to eczema. (5)
Gamma Linolenic Acid- This is an important fatty acid that may be helpful for keeping inflammation under control, improving skin roughness, and normalizing blood chemistry. (1) Those with atopic eczema may be deficient in Gamma Linolenic Acid.
BioCell Collagen Type II- Supports healthy skin function and appearance. May boost skin elasticity and support proper wound healing.
Hylaronic Acid- This is a structural component of the skin and may be helpful for increasing hydration in your skin.
Chondrotin Sulfate- A major structural component of the cartilage. Chondrotin can help stimulate the production of new healthy cartilage, block enzymes that break down cartilage, and normalize joint fluids to reduce friction. (6)
1. Horrobin DF. Essential fatty acid metabolism and its modification in atopic eczema. Am J Clin Nutr. Jan2000;71(1 Suppl):367S-72S.
2. Bjorneboe A, et al. Effect of n-3 fatty acid supplement to patients with atopic dermatitis. J Intern Med Suppl. 1989;225(731):233-6.
3. Fauconneau B, et al. Comparative Study of Radical Scavenger and Antioxidant Properties of Phenolic Compounds from Vitis vinifera Cell Cultures Using in Vitro Tests. Life Sci. 1997;61(21):103-10.
4. Frankel EN, et al. Inhibition of Oxidation of Human Low-density Lipoprotein by Phenolic Substances in Red Wine. Lancet. 1993;341(8843):454-57.
5. Visioli F, et al. Oleuropein, the bitter principle of olives, enhances nitric oxide production by mouse macrophages. Life Sci. 1998;62(6):541-6.
6. Paroli E. Glycosaminoglycan chondroprotection: pharmacological vistas. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 1993;13 Suppl:1-9.
Dermatin is a natural remedy for itchy and irritated skin.