11 Tips To Managing Your Herpes
11 tips to help you manage your herpes.
There are a number of home remedies that you can use to help relieve your genital herpes symptoms. There is no cure for herpes, however, here are some beneficial tips to consider for herpes management:
- Avoid touching your herpes sores and avoid any and all sexual contact from the first onset of symptoms until they have completely cleared up.
- Frequently wash your hands, especially under the fingernails, throughout the day.
- Keep your lesions clean and dry. You may want to sprinkle some cornstarch in your underwear to help the area stay dry. This may seem like the obvious, but during an outbreak keeping the area of infection clean is of utmost importance. Sitz baths, or a hot salt water bath 3 to 4 times a day will greatly aid the healing process. If drying with a towel is too painful or uncomfortable, a hairdryer can be used for drying the area.
- Wear cotton or some other type of natural fiber underwear and loose-fitting clothing.
- Drink lots of water.
- L-lysine supplement may help reduce the healing time for cold sores as well as prevent future outbreaks. The recommended dose is usually about 1g per day. It has also been suggested that consuming a diet high in L-lysine but low in arginine (both are amino acids) levels can prevent breakouts of HSV-1 and possibly HSV-2. Foods that typically have a high L-lysine level and low arginine level include beans, beef, fish and most fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
- Reduce Stress. Stress is a major factor in causing any viral outbreak, and genital herpes is no exception. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, having an outbreak is a very stressful situation in itself! So try to avoid dwelling on the stressful implications of your outbreak. Also try as much as possible to avoid stress in day to day life. Take vitamin B supplements, sort out any work or relationship issues and modify your habits or lifestyle to avoid stressful situations. Regular exercise and a healthy diet can also reduce stress dramatically.
- To ease swelling and pain in the genital area, use ice packs. Warm Epsom salts or baking soda baths help itching and pain. After the bath, pat dry gently and keep lesions dry.
- Apply Vitamin E and Vitamin A, alternately, directly on the sores.
- Eat the following in moderation during outbreaks: almonds, barley, cashews, cereals (grains), chicken, chocolate, corn, dairy products, meat, nuts and seeds, oats, and peanuts. These contain L-arginine, an amino acid that suppresses L-lysine, the amino acid that slows virus growth.
- Do not consume citrus fruits and juices while the virus is active.
Genital Herpes Pain Relief
Here are some tips to help you deal with any discomfort you may experience during an outbreak:
- Place ice packs onto the affected area
- Take a warm bath
- Apply cool, non-herbal tea bags to the affected area
- If you're experiencing any pains, aches or fever with the outbreak, you may want to take an ibuprofen, aspirin or acetaminophen
A genital herpes outbreak can be very distressing. Many sufferers of genital herpes experience stress, anxiety and embarrassment as a result of suffering from this disease, and these feelings are exponential during the time of an outbreak. Like most viral conditions, stress and anxiety is a huge trigger.
Sufferers can avoid these feelings by adopting a few genital herpes home treatment tips that should help avoid outbreaks, and reduce the severity when outbreaks occur.
Natural Supplement for Herpes - Herdox
Herdox's potent formula works to enhance immunological functioning; helping to reduce HSV's most troublesome symptoms and reducing the number of outbreaks you have. Herdox is your natural means for effective and long-term HSV suppression.
The formula allows you to manage your condition in the privacy and security of your own home. Progressive Health has taken years of clinical research and developed the most effective, multi-faceted HSV supplement to date. Based around the anti-herpes nutrient L-lysine, Herdox's ingredients provide for significant improvements in immunological functioning.
A few ingredients in Herdox are:
- Vitamin A- Vitamin A is a potent immune stimulatory vitamin. Studies have shown that patients with vitamin A deficiency experience more shedding of the herpes simplex virus.
- Vitamin E- Vitamin E is often given with vitamin A to improve the clinical response and reduce possible toxicity associated with high doses of vitamin A. A patented combination of antioxidants containing vitamin E has shown clinical effectiveness in reducing lesion development, duration and severity scores significantly compared to vehicle control or acyclovir (a prescription anti-viral).
- Zinc- One of the most important minerals for immune function, zinc has been widely studied for prevention and treatment of infections.
- Selenium- The mineral selenium is also required for basic immune function. The role of selenium in anti-viral medicine is becoming quite clear, as numerous pharmaceutical anti-viral drugs are in the process of creation.
- L-lysine- Classically known as an anti-herpes nutrient, patients suffering from this infection are well aware of the impact of lysine supplementation. Lysine is an effective preventative therapy, as well as a treatment option.
- Lemon Balm Powder- Melissa officinalis is widely known in Germany for its potent anti-viral activity and is recommended for many infections, including influenza and herpes. This herb contains numerous components that inhibit replication of HSV-1 and HSV-2.
Other remedies and drugs available for herpes:
- Never an Outbreak Review
- Viralprin review
For a complete list of ingredients Click Here.