Rubactum Supplement Facts
Learn more about the ingredients in Rubactum.
Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule (Hypromellose), Rice Powder, Magnesium Stearate.
Daily Dosage: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the afternoon with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
Hydrochloric Acid (HCl)- Some studies show that some patients with rosacea have lower than normal levels of gastric HCL and other digestive (pancreatic) enzymes (1,2). In patients with documented hypochlorhydria (low HCl), supplementation with HCl may improve symptoms.
Pancreatic Enzymes (Lipase, Amylase, Protease, Cellulase)- Research shows that when compared to healthy controls, rosacea patients have significantly lower concentrations of the pancreatic enzyme lipase, ranging form 18-66% of normal (3). For this reason, many patients experience an amelioration of skin and digestive symptoms with administration of pancreatic enzymes preparations.
B-Complex (thiamine, riboflavin, inositol hexaniacinate, pyridoxine, hydroxycobalamin, folic acid, biotin)- Supplementation with B vitamins is an often-used clinical approach, based on some older studies indicating deficiency of B vitamins is associated with rosacea and that patients appear to respond positively to supplementation with B complex (4,5). Recent research shows that a topical preparation of vitamin B6 can strengthen the protective layer of the skin, the stratum corneum, in patients with rosacea and is of benefit in treating their symptoms (6).
Curcumin- The active component in the culinary spice turmeric, curcumin is a potent anti-inflammatory and digestive aid, which makes it useful in controlling the inflammatory component of rosacea (7).Compounds in this medicinal plant inhibit COX-2 and lipoxygense enzyme activity, which are the major pathways of inflammation (8,9). In six controlled human trials, curcumin supplementation has proven effective in reducing inflammation and was deemed safe (10).
Horse Chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum)- Horse chestnut affects both the collagen content and architecture of varicose veins and supports the normal function of veins. The active component in horse chestnut, aescin, exhibits anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory and venotonic properties (11). Capillary permeability which can result in edema can be controlled with aescin, which may be helpful in addressing the vascular aspect of rosacea (12).
1. Johnson L, Eckardt R. Rosacea keratitis and conditions with vascularization of the cornea treated with riboflavin. Arch Ophthamol 1940;23:899–907.
2. Allison JR. The relation of hydrochloric acid and vitamin B complex deficiency in certain skin diseases. South Med J 1945;38:235–41.
3. Barba A et al. Pancreatic exocrine function in rosacea. Pancreatic exocrine function in rosacea. Dermatologica 1982;165(6):601-6.
4. Tulipan L. Acne rosacea: a vitamin B complex deficiency. Arch Dermatol Syphilol 1947;56:589.
5. Stillians AW. Pyridoxine in treatment of acne vulgaris. J Invest Dermatol 1946;7:150–1.
6. Draelos ZD, Ertel K, Berge C. Niacinamide-containing facial moisturizer improves skin barrier and benefits subjects with rosacea. Cutis 2005 Aug;76(2):135-41.
7. Araujo CC, Leon LL. Biological activities of Curcuma longa L. Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 2001;96:723-8.
8. Ammon HP et al. Mechanism of antiinflammatory actions of curcumine and boswellic acids. J Ethnopharmacol 1993 Mar;38(2-3):113-9.
9. Joe B, Lokesh BR. Effect of curcumin and capsaicin on arachidonic acid metabolism and lysosomal enzyme secretion by rat peritoneal macrophages. Lipids. 1997 Nov;32(11):1173-80.
10. Chainani-Wu N. Safety and anti-inflammatory activity of curcumin: a component of tumeric (Curcuma longa). J Altern Complement Med 2003 Feb;9(1):161-8.
11. Sirtori CR. Aescin: pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and therapeutic profile. Pharmacol Res 2001 Sep;44(3):183-93.
12. Bisler H et al. [Effects of horse-chestnut seed extract on transcapillary filtration in chronic venous insufficiency] Dtsch Med Wochenschr 1986 Aug 29;111(35):1321-9.
A once daily approach to blushing & redness on your face.