"All of the products on progressivehealth.com are formulated with quality in mind. Our team of naturopathic physicians closely analyzed each formula to find the best balance of effective ingredients. I personally take Advecia for hair maintenance & Exomine for joint pain."
Brad Chase, President
Zovirax vs Herdox
Zovirax also known by its generic name of Acyclovir, is an antiviral drug that slows the growth and spread of the herpes virus in order for the body to fight off infection.
Zovirax is not a cure for herpes, but it can decrease the symptoms of the herpes infection.
Zovirax treats infections caused by herpes viruses which include genital herpes, cold sores, shingles and chicken pox. Take Zovirax should be taken exactly as it is prescribed for you and should be started as soon as the first appearance of symptoms appear like tingling, burning or blisters.
When taking Zovirax be sure to avoid infected areas coming into contact with other people, avoid touching the infected area and then touching your eyes. Make sure to wash your hands frequently to prevent passing the infection to others. Zovirax will not prevent the spread of genital herpes so sexual intercourse should be avoided or a condom should be used.
The side effects of Zovirax could be:
- an allergic reaction such as hives, difficulty breathing, swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat pain in your lower back
- urinating less then usual or not at all
- easy bruising or bleeding
- unusual weakness
- loss of appetite
- stomach pain
- headache or feeling light-headed
- swelling in your hands or feet
Herdox - Helpful for Herpes Management
Herdox is an all natural, alternative to popular medicines. Herdox can effectively reduce the number of outbreaks in persons coping with HSV.
Herdox's potent formula works to enhance immunological functioning; helping to reduce HSV's most troublesome symptoms and reducing the number of outbreaks you have.
Herdox has been created to support this transformation by providing you with a tool that makes your condition only a minor and occasional aggravation. Herdox is your natural means for effective and long-term HSV suppression.
Herdox provides you with a potent blend of clinically proven, all natural ingredients that work to suppress HSV replication. Progressive Health's HSV formula is guaranteed to prevent recurrent outbreaks, without the side effects of commonly prescribed antiviral medicines. The ingredients in Herdox include:
- Vitamin A - Vitamin A is a potent immune stimulatory vitamin. Studies have shown that patients with vitamin A deficiency experience more shedding of the herpes simplex virus.
- Vitamin E - Vitamin E is often given with vitamin A to improve the clinical response and reduce possible toxicity associated with high doses of vitamin A. A patented combination of antioxidants containing vitamin E has shown clinical effectiveness in reducing lesion development, duration and severity scores significantly compared to vehicle control or Zovirax.
- Zinc - One of the most important minerals for immune function, zinc has been widely studied for prevention and treatment of infections.
- Selenium- The mineral selenium is also required for basic immune function. The role of selenium in anti-viral medicine is becoming quite clear, as numerous pharmaceutical anti-viral drugs are in the process of creation.
- L-lysine - Classically known as an anti-herpes nutrient, patients suffering from this infection are well aware of the impact of lysine supplementation. Lysine is an effective preventative therapy, as well as a treatment option.
- Monolaurin - Monolaurin is a naturally derived supplement made from lauric acid (a fatty acid in breast milk and coconut milk) and glycerin. It is recommended for viral infections like Epstein-Barr, influenza, measles and herpes as a result of in vitro studies demonstrating anti-viral activity against these and numerous other viruses.
- Lactoferrin - Lactoferrin is a glycoprotein with many activities. It is an important factor in immune regulation and defense mechanisms against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. Lactoferrin has demonstrated anti-viral activity against HSV-1 and HSV-2 and exhibits synergistic activity with acyclovir against these same viruses.
- Garlic Powder - Garlic is often described as the panacea of botanical medicine. This common culinary herb exhibits anti-viral activity against many viruses including HSV-1 and HSV-2.
- Lemon Blam Powder - Melissa officinalis is widely known in Germany for its potent anti-viral activity and is recommended for many infections, including influenza and herpes. This herb contains numerous components that inhibit replication of HSV-1 and HSV-2.
- Olive Leaf Extract - Olea europea is a relatively new recommended herb for conditions of an infectious nature. It has demonstrated anti-viral activity against HIV and viral haemorrhagic septicaemia virus.
- Propolis Extract - Propolis is a naturally occurring product derived from beehives which contains a large flavonoid component. It displays anti-HSV-1 activity both in vitro and in vivo.
To learn more about Herdox,