- Medications That May Interact with Acktiva
- Acktiva: Frequently Asked Questions
- Overdosing on Calcium and Vitamin D: What You Need to Know
- Where to Find Calcium Without Dairy
- Essential Nutrients for Vegans
- Capisette Supplement Facts
- Listol Supplement Facts
- Remedies for Swollen Feet and Ankles
- 9 Remedies for Concentration
- Leg Edema
Acktiva Supplement Facts
Learn more about the ingredients in Acktiva.
Daily Dosage:As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the evening with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
Coral Calcium- This form of calcium provides your body with 75+ trace minerals which includes yielding calcium and magnesium.
As you can probably see, calcium is crucial to many factors in the body.
Yielding Magnesium - Magnesium is involved in more than 300 enzyme reactions in the body and is necessary for the transmission of nerve pulses. It is extremely important that you supplement the correct ratio of calcium:magnesium = 2:1, Acktiva has this correct ratio.
Vitamin D- This is one of the primary regulators for calcium absorption. Deficiencies of Vitamin D can increase your risk of osteoporosis. (9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
1. Abrams SA. Calcium turnover and nutrition through the life cycle. Proc Nutr Soc. May2001;60(2):283-9.
2. Rozen P, et al. Calcium supplements interact significantly with long-term diet while suppressing rectal epithelial proliferation of adenoma patients. Cancer. Feb2001;91(4):833-40.
3. Satia-Abouta J, Galanko JA, Martin CF, Potter JD, Ammerman A, Sandler RS. Associations of micronutrients in African Americans and whites: results from the North Carolina Study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Aug2003;12(8):747-54.
4. Bell L, et al. Cholesterol-lowering Effects of Calcium Carbonate in Patients. Arch Intern Med. Dec1992;152(12):2441-44.
5. Marshall RW, et al. Relationships Between Calcium and Oxalic Acid Intake in the Diet and Their Excretion in the Urine of Normal and Renal-stone-forming Subjects. Clin Sci. Jul1972;43(1):91-99.
6. Curhan GC, Willett WC, Speizer FE, Spiegelman D, Stampfer MJ. Comparison of dietary calcium with supplemental calcium and other nutrients as factors affecting women. Ann Intern Med. Apr1997;126(7):497-504.
7. Thys-Jacobs S, et al. Calcium Carbonate and the Premenstrual Syndrome: Effects on Premenstrual and Menstrual Symptoms. Premenstrual Syndrome Study Group. Am j Obstet Gynecol. Aug1998;179(2):444-52.
8. Belizan JM, et al. Calcium Supplementation and Pregnancy. N Engl J Med. Nov1991;325(20):1399-405.
9. Dawson-Hughes B. Calcium Supplementation and Bone Loss: A Review of Controlled Clinical Trials. Am J Clin Nutr. Jul1991;54(1):274S-80S.
10. Villareal DT, et al. Subclinical Vitamin D Deficiency in Postmenopausal Women with Low Vertebral Bone Mass. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 1991;72(3):628-34.
11. Rassouli A, Mianian I, Moslemi-Zadeh M. Determination of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D(3) levels in early postmenopausal Iranian women: relationship with bone mineral density. Bone. Nov2001;29(5):428-30.
12. Mezquita-Raya P, Munoz-Torres M, Luna JD, et al. Relation between vitamin D insufficiency, bone density, and bone metabolism in healthy postmenopausal women. J Bone Miner Res. Aug2001;16(8):1408-15.
13. Brot C, Vestergaard P, Kolthoff N, Gram J, Hermann AP, Sorensen OH. Vitamin D status and its adequacy in healthy Danish perimenopausal women: relationships to dietary intake, sun exposure and serum parathyroid hormone. Br J Nutr. Aug2001;86(Suppl 1):S97-103.
14. Grados F, et al. Prediction of bone mass density variation by bone remodeling markers in postmenopausal women with vitamin D insufficiency treated with calcium and vitamin D supplementation. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Nov;88(11):5175-9.
[+] Show All
Acktiva, a coral calcium supplement, is a NEW form of calcium that has been shown to provide your body with over 70 trace minerals to create healthy PH levels.