"All of the products on progressivehealth.com are formulated with quality in mind. Our team of naturopathic physicians closely analyzed each formula to find the best balance of effective ingredients. I personally take Advecia for hair maintenance & Exomine for joint pain."
Brad Chase, President
Natural Weight Loss Supplements
There are many natural weight loss supplements and lipotropics on the market these days. All of them claim to help you lose weight but not all of them explain how they help you lose weight. Below is a list of natural supplements that can help you lose weight and how they work.
- Guarana - Guarana is a plant native to parts of the Amazon rain forest. It has black seeds that are rich in caffeine, with approximately double the caffeine of coffee beans. The caffeine is a stimulant and is thought to raise energy expenditure, however, it could also stimulate the central nervous system and heart, and may result in anxiety and rapid heart rate in larger amounts. Guarana helps increase your energy levels which will help increase your likely hood to exercise.
- Magnesium - Magnesium is increasingly studied in relation to obesity and insulin resistance. In fact a recent study showed that deficiency of magnesium is related to insulin resistance as early as childhood and suggested supplementation as an important tool in reducing diabetes in obese children. As well, low levels of magnesium prevalent in overweight and obese individuals may be an independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
- Chromium - The mineral chromium is needed for normal carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism. One of its many functions is to help the hormone insulin move glucose into blood cells where it's needed. Chromium is also promoted as a supplement to lose weight and build muscle. Although it's thought to be particularly helpful for people with insulin resistance or diabetes, it's also used for weight loss by people without these conditions.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) - Conjugated linoleic acid, or CLA, is a fatty acid found naturally in small amounts in milk. It's also available in nutritional supplement form and is popular for weight loss because it's thought to decrease body fat and increase muscle. A recent analysis of 18 previously published studies found that at a dose of 3.2 grams per day, CLA produced a modest loss in body fat in humans compared to a placebo. The most common side effect of CLA is mild to moderate digestive problems such as diarrhea.
- Pinnothin - Derived from the seeds of the Korean Pine Nut tree Pinus koraenisis, pinolenic acid helps suppress appetite by stimulating the appetite controlling hormone cholecystokinin.
- Citrus Aurantium Extract - Bitter orange is the common name for this medicinal plant which has an impressive body of research building for its use in weight reduction. A recent study demonstrated that administration of an extract of this plant results in increased thermic response to meals in women and does not cause increases in blood pressure or heart rate. A review of clinical studies concluded that citrus aurantium products "may be the best thermogenic substitute for ephedra", causing an increased metabolic rate.
Healthy Supplement for Losing Weight - Lipitrex
Lipitrex is an all natural supplement that has some of the above mentioned supplements. It helps to control your appetite as well as increase your energy levels. For the list of ingredients in Lipitrex please Click Here.