- Sugar, Colds, and Flu - The Bitter Truth
- The Best Vitamins To Prevent Colds and Flu
- Influenza: A Look Back
- Learn About The Ingredients in Theraflu
- Is Olive Leaf an Effective Remedy for Colds?
- A Proven Cold and Flu Product?
- Cold or Flu? Why You Need Probiotics...
- Medications That May Interact with Seasonal Support
- Spirulina and Influenza
- Avoid the Cold and Flu Season
Seasonal Support Supplement Facts
Learn more about the ingredients in Seasonal.
Daily Dosage:As a dietary supplement, take one capsule in the morning and one capsule in the afternoon with 8 ounces of water. 45-60 days of continuous use is necessary for optimum results.
Seasonal Support Research:
Vitamin C - Studies shown that Vitamin C reduces the severity and duration of symptoms linked to the common cold. (, 2)
1. Hemila H. Does vitamin C alleviate the symptoms of the common cold? - A review of current evidence. Scan J Infec Dis. 1994;26:1-6.
2. Van Straten M, Josling P. Preventing the common cold with a vitamin C supplement: a double-blind, placebo-controlled survey. Adv Ther. May2002;19(3):151-9.
3. Garland ML, et al. The role of zinc lozenges in the treatment of the common cold. Ann Pharmacother. 1998;32:63-69.
4. Vomel VT. The effect of a nonspecific immunostimulant on the phagocytosis of erythrocytes and ink by the reticulohistiocyte system in the isolated, perfused liver of rats of various ages. Arzneim Forsch/Drug Res. 1984;34:691-95.
5. See DM, et al. In vitro effects of echinacea and ginseng on natural killer and antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity in healthy subjects and chronic fatigue syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome patients. Immunopharmacology. 1997;35(3):229-35.
6. Newall CA, et al. Herbal Medicines: A Guide for Health Care Professionals. London, England: The Pharmaceutical Press; 1996:151-52.
7. Chang H, et al. Pharmacology and Application of Chinese Materia Medica. Singapore; Chinese University of Hong Kong. World Scientific. 1987:4.
8. Desser L, Rehberger A, Paukovits W. Proteolytic enzymes and amylase induce cytokine production in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells in vitro. Cancer Biother. 1994;9:253-263.
9. Desser L, et al. Cytokine synthesis in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells after oral administration of polyenzyme preparations. Oncology. Nov1993;50(6):403-7.
10. Engwerda CR, Andrew D, Ladhams A, Mynott TL. Bromelain modulates T cell and B cell immune responses in vitro and in vivo. Cell Immunol. May2001;210(1):66-75.
11. Engwerda CR, Andrew D, Murphy M, Mynott TL. Bromelain activates murine macrophages and natural killer cells in vitro. Cell Immunol. May2001;210(1):5-10.
12. Brakebusch M, Wintergerst U, Petropoulou T, Notheis G, Husfeld L, Belohradsky BH, et al. Bromelain is an Accelerator of Phagocytosis, Respiratory Burst and Killing of Candida albicans by Human Granulocytes and Monocytes. Eur J Med Res. May2001;6(5):193-200.
13. Chihara G. Recent progress in immunopharmacology and therapeutic effects of polysaccharides. Dev Biol Stand. 1992;77:191-7.
14. Amin AH, et al. Berberine Sulfate: Antimicrobial Activity, Bioassay, and Mode of Action. Can J Micro. 1969;15:1067-76.
Progressive Health's Seasonal Support formula may be able to strengthen your immune system and help you recover from your seasonal illness.